Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Intermediate layout sketch of pages 136/137 of "Gaijin-American Prisoner of War", written and illus.d by me, publ.d by Disney/Hyperion. This is close to the end of the story but don't worry, I'm not giving the end away. All during the making of the final art of the previous 135 pages, my editor and I shared ideas back and forth as to how I would bring the story to a close. I think what we've decided works. You'll have to let me know when you get the book! I like to create a few of these intermediate drawings once I've established the fore, middle and back ground in the thumbnail sketch. These intermediate sketches allow me to play around with light source and some details- but primarily lighting. Pencil, 2013.

2 comments:

  1. Love your sketches,the perspective is fantastic:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you theartofpuro. Love to crosshatch in pencil.

    ReplyDelete