Saturday, January 18, 2014

I was just asked to FB friend someone from the other side of the globe. Cool. Looks like a nice person. Done. We're FB friends. Then I looked at his friend section. My God, hundreds of people. Wonderful faces, most of them very different from the kind of faces I'm used to looking at. Observations come to mind: This is a really big world. There are lots and lots of people out there I don't even know. And they don't know me. And there are lots of people out there whose lives are so very different than mine, doing things differently than I do, speaking languages I don't understand. They seem pretty darn nice. How is it that that I don't know these people? How do they go about their day, some of them doing really big stuff like getting married and having babies and I'm not kept to date on all of this? 
Who's in charge of all this?
Where's my cell phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment