Wednesday, November 14, 2012

For about 6 or 7 years I did a weekly editorial cartoon for "ComputerWorld" magazine. They'd send me an article which, quite often, contained issues which I wasn't all that versed in or products about which they seemed very excited but left me somewhat dazed. I'd receive the article in the morning on Tuesday and was asked to send a finished piece back by Wednesday in the a.m.. As often as not I'd spend Tuesday morning trying to figure out some sort of correlation between the 
content of the article and a visual metaphor that would express the content in a clever fashion, then I'd render the piece that afternoon and into the evening. I had fun and it was a nice gig. Unfortunately the publication went entirely digital back in 2010 and they've decided to not continue to publish editorial illustrations in this format. Pen&Ink, watercolor, 2007.


No comments:

Post a Comment